Happy Friday! This is my second post with my new and improved Friday Favorites series and I’m so excited to share with you more exciting home & decor inspiration each week. You might have heard that Pantone selected not one, but two colors of the year for 2016. This is the first time in the history of Pantone Color that there has been more than one color of the year. Both of the colors come from the pastel family and if that’s predicting a trend, I think there’s something to say for pastels in the future. For today’s Friday Favorites I’ve pulled together a few of my favorite pastel interiors.
- A light and airy pastel nursery. The aztec rug is a great piece of furniture that any baby can grow with. (room tour)
- The perfect palette for a loft apartment. The pastel colors bring warmth to the beautiful exposed brick wall.
- This pink chair add’s pastels into the space without over doing it. Mixing white and metal accents complete the look too.
- Bringing a color palette into a room with interchangeable items gives the ability to change out the colors as you wish. These pastel pillows create a cute and trendy atmosphere. (home tour)
- There’s something about a light, bright, and white space with just the perfect splash of color. In this case, a solid pastel pillow is all this room needs. (home tour)
- If you follow Rachel Parcell from Pink Peonies, you’ll probably recognize her daughter’s nursery. I love everything about this pastel pink oasis for her daughter, Isla (room tour)
- Adding the color of the year into your home with a little DIY is a great option. I love this little entry way with the pink painted nightstand for an added pop of color. (home tour)
- Another creative DIY is this pastel filled dining room with mix and match painted chairs.
Here’s a look at the two Pantone Colors of The Year 2016 – Rose Quartz and Serenity
Photo via Pantone
In case you missed it, check out Friday Favorites Vol 1 here.