Built in shelving units can be such an eye capturing featuring in a house when looking for your next home, condo or apartment. Whether they’re on your ‘must have’ list like in house hunters on HGTV or you just happen to stumble upon them and fall in love, I’m sure we can all agree that they’re pretty great. The hard part comes along when it’s time to style them and it seems like a never ending job that you dread to take on. Today let’s take a look through 5 tips to make styling those built-ins easy and stress free!
1. Start with a color grouping and find things with an accent color to focus on.
2. The best way to fill in the empty shelf space is with books. Start by stacking groups of books both horizontally and vertically.
3. Top stacks of books with decorative objects. Don’t forget to utilize book ends, or anything metallic to bring a pop to your shelves.
4. Incorporating artwork or any variety of photo frames will take up any empty space fairly quickly. Feel free to use larger frames with small photos & a thick, fitted mat-board.
5. Lastly, taking the time to go back through and layer the books and other objects will bring depth to your shelves and make them pleasant to look at!
Do you have built ins that are causing you a headache?? Follow the photos below for inspiration!